Monday, March 07, 2005

sleeping pill

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaall abooooooooooooooooooooooOoOOOOOOOOOARD!

last stop before bed--actually, before another reading assignment.

can i cry yet?

i'm soooooooooo tired and cranky and sick of the cold. all the snow melted -- only to be replaced by icicle wind. and that presentation--that presentation--i do thursday night oh holy holiness help me keep it together till then...

i'm tired of moveon.org in my mailbox
by anna nicole smith wherever she appears slurring
and cereal that gets soggy too fast in milk

i'm sick of scrapey-naked trees
of chapped lips
and doing laundry

i'm frustrated with
all the question marks in the air,
between my ears,
on the faces all day long

i want a backrub
and a weekend of NO worries
and a storyteller to show up at my house --
in costume.

maybe then i'd sleep well...

pttttttthhhht. nah, probably some kookoo dream would wake me up, laughing.

2 Comments:

Blogger shadowbox said...

Holy pickles-on-toast, can I relate to this post. Here, icicle wind and it's bastard halfling, freezing rain, have been relentless this winter. I'd settle gladly for snow, really. But no, instead I have to contend with a bleak landscape of grey, salt stains all over the fucking place and a funk in my head that just won't go away.

Here's hoping you get that massage you're pining for. The whole enchilada with the hot rocks on your back, a drink with a pink umbrella and all that fancy stuff.

10:22 PM  
Blogger stacy muszynski said...

oh all y'all. a kiss before bed. but first the bedtime story: shooting for excellence: african american culture in new century schools...booyah...

12:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Who Links Here
Free Web Page Hit Counter